You are here

Exchange programs

Would you like to apply for an exchange program at our Faculty of Engineering?
Our Exchange Program allows international students to attend one semester in the faculty, equivalent to your academic term in your home university. During your stay here, you represent your university, but at the same time you adopt the status of a USACH regular student.

Please find attached to this webpage a Manual (versión inglés) with all the information you need to prepare your trip to Chile.

If you need further information, please go directly to the DRII here. They will be happy to help you and arrange your exchange program!


How to apply?

The application requirements depend, on one hand, on the Academic Department to which the program you are applying belongs; and, on the other hand,  depends on the mobility conditions of the program you are applying to. This means that you can carry out the mobility as a free mover or within any mobility program framework.  

First Semester March-July May 15 of the same year
Second Semester August- December October 15 of the previous year

To go on exchange for a semester, it is necessary to have the following documents:

  1. Application form (attached at the end of the page)
  2. Curriculum Vitae (Spanish or English)
  3. Academic Transcriptt (courses completed and grades obtained)
  4. Regular student certificate
  5. Copy of the passport
  6. Certificate of proficiency in Spanish (in the case that it is not your mother tongue)
  7. Cover Letter
  8. Two photographs

The documents above should be scanned and sent to:  / Telephone: (56-2) 27180044, from the Department of International Relations and Inter-universities (DRII in Spanish).

Which procedures must be done in my home country?

In case of being selected, you must carry out two important procedures in your country. Firstly, you must request the Student Resident Visa to reside in Chile. For this, you can enter the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile, in which appears a list of every consulate in the country. Secondly, you must purchased a health insurance that covers the entire period of your stay in Chile.

These two procedures are essential and sending the supporting documents previously to your arrival to Chile is a requirement to be admitted in the Universidad de Santiago. 

Which procedures must be done after your arrival?

After arriving to the country, you must also carry out two essential procedures. First, you need to legalize your visa at the Departamento de Extranjería y Migraciones del Ministerio del Interior (Inmigration Department of the Home Office). For this, you must submit your passport, a certificate or supporting document from the consulate (if there is any), the address of the Universidad de Santiago (Avenida Libertador Bernardo O’Higgins 3363, Estación Central, Santiago) and the address of where you will be residing.

After legalizing (or stamping) your visa, you must continue with the second procedure, which consist of obtaining your Chilean Identification Card (C.I., for its abbreviation in Spanish). This procedure is conducted at any office of the Civil Registry and Identification Services. For this, it is necessary that you take your passport with the stamped visa, the Certificado de Registro de Visa, photocopy of both documents, and, additionally, you must pay 4,050 CLP.